It's hot here.... our apartment overlooks the pool and sometimes I just stare out at it, cuz it looks so refreshing. I take August swimming about every other day. We were officially welcomed here last night, by the friendly Arizona neighbor, Mr. Scorpion. Which is rare since we're on the 3rd floor, lucky us right? Another reason I'm pessimistic, mom. See, I told you, if it can happen, it'll happen to me.
(Here is where I was going to insert a picture of a scorpion, but after googling scorpion pictures, I was gagging; so I won't do that to you. You're welcome.)
I've been doing lots of errands, trying to put our home together, and doing tiny amounts of crafty projects for decorations. I'll have to do a post on that when I have a more substantial collection.
On other news, a week or so ago I got called from the Art in the Park show in Boise. I applied a couple months ago, but got put on the alternate list. Well, they want me to be in it. It starts tomorrow.... There's no way I could've done it in such short notice. I was so bummed, thinking of all the possible ways I could make it happen. But I feel good that they chose me. Made me feel pleased with my work. It was a great "pick-me-up."


No comments:
Post a Comment