Thursday, May 3, 2012

Baby Bunting Suit

I've seen this picture of Isla Fisher with her little girl, and I've wanted this baby coat ever since. (Probably a fortune though.)


I had a jacket I was going to get rid of, but then I had an epiphany to transform it.

 Here's my very old jacket.


 I'm not the greatest at sleeves, but they're good enough.
 The hood was much too big. I cut up the draw string hole first to move the strings up, so I wouldn't cut them off.
 It might be too big when he's 6 months, but I'll  still use it. The arms and bottom are sewed shut for more warmth. I carefully sewed over the zipper avoiding the metal teeth, so the zipper is still fully preserved. I can pick out the bottom and have a normal jacket for the little guy, if desired.


 I wanted to cover up this ---> pink and flower symbol on the chest and the pink/yellow stripes down the arms.












 It's pretty fun sewing these and using my imagination. The only downside is having to wait for this to fit him.


4 comments:

Chans Fam said...

You came up with this on your own?!?!? That is sheer talent girl! Way to go. It looks great, and I can't wait to see it on him!

Jason & Makenna said...

Looks so cute! You did a great job and I love the new patch and stripes.

sean & shirley said...

So clever!!! Enjoy your spare time while you can. Cute!
XOXO

Jaylynn said...

Turned out really really cute! Love the patch and stripes! Oh...if we lived closer we could get together and sew little clothes...how fun. :)