Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Cursed Town Where We Reside

So today from 11am - 5:30pm I got to enjoy the blissful weather at work. I was first aiding the soccer games today. Usually we stand out of our shed to watch both fields, but..... I stayed in the shed. It was FREEZING! 25 degrees with 16mph wind/ 25mph gusts of wind. Oh joy. I took some pictures with my phone.

The girls team came early and shoveled their field and started on time (left field you can't see).  This shows the guys shoveling their field. Yes, they did the entire field eventually---> and started 1.5 hours late. (which means I had to stay longer, booo) They started just before the 2nd girls game started.


 Here's the field after a while. All that hard work slightly gone- it snowed off and on. I was praying it'd snow enough to cover the lines so they'd cancel the game. But there must've been too much snow and wind in the way for my prayers to get through. I don't know how the players did it, especially since I was miserable in the wind protected shed. Brrrrrrrrr

3 comments:

sean & shirley said...

So miserable!!! Well it was only about 60 something today. Get out your long johns!
XOXO

Jaylynn said...

Hey sounds like we're not the only ones with freezing weather yesterday...hate hate the wind, it makes it 10 x's worse than it would be. Burrr...

Rochelle said...

No fun. And they still had to play their game. YUCK. Glad you got to stay in the shed away from the blasted wind!