Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Transformation??

I found this piece at D.I and I had to get it, but I'm not 100% sure what to do with it..... or how to refinish it.

It's glass front, the background is black so that's why it looks like a mirror. I think if something were in it you'd be able to see it.

 Here it is with the back off, so it's clearly see through.  Odd how it transforms once the back is off..
 Here are closer up views of the design.


So any ideas on what to do with this piece?? What to put in it?

4 comments:

Erica and Jake said...

OOhh! It's so pretty! I thought it looked cool as a mirror. I think that's what I would do.

cindyrella said...

check out www.thecreativecrate.blogspot.com
or just google some blogs - there are a zillion creative people out there just waiting to be copied haha!

Jaylynn said...

Yeah, if you want it a different color or what not you could do some really cool stuff with paint to refinish it. Rochelle could tell you exactly how to do it. I'll have to think of what I'd put in it.

Rochelle said...

Love this chicabidee. Great find! Go with color to paint it. Get KILZ original primer and make sure to shake it really well. Do a nice coat (outside - don't paint inside). Then when it dries use KRYLON spray paint. You can go to their website and look at their products/multi purpose and interior/exterior. Color is always more fun! Blue would be pretty, but I'm not sure what is in your house. Red? would be nice too.
Put a close up picture of you and Chav on your wedding day, or a picture of the Bountiful temple.